No Man’s Sky Huge Free Update Coming July 24th
If you play No Man's Sky or maybe you wanted to but bad reviews scared you off, now may be the time to start playing the game.
- If you play No Man’s Sky or maybe you wanted to but bad reviews scared you off, now may be the time to start playing the game.
- No Man’s Sky is receiving a huge free update on July 24th which will include full multiplayer, a third-person viewpoint option, character customization, and a visual overhaul.
- A press statement from Hello Games announced that the following features will be coming in the update.
- Multiplayer – Players will be able to join their friends or meet strangers, and can play the full game together as a party. The trailer seems to indicate four-player parties, but that’s unconfirmed.
- Character Customization – Your Traveler is now more than a floating camera. All Hello Games has confirmed is that you can personalize your appearance, but the trailer seems to suggest playing as different races, with customizable spacesuits.
- Third-person Viewpoint – The entire game, both on-foot and in a ship, can now be played from a third-person perspective, letting you see your customised character.
- Updated Visuals – Hello promises “dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds”, with more detail added to ships, buildings and NPCs.
- Unlimited Base Building – You’re no longer bound to a single planet in base building – bases can now be built “anywhere, on any planet”, and you can own multiple bases. In multiplayer, bases are shared among the party.
- Extended Base Building – Base size limits have been increased, and hundreds of new parts have been added to help you create what you want. Freighter base building has also been extended.
- Freighter Fleets – You can now command a fleet of giant ships. Details on this are a little hazy, with Hello saying only that you can “send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.”
- Multiplayer Missions – Friends can be invited onto your Freighter, and using the Galactic Commission Station lets you kick off “challenging” missions built for multiple players.
- The game will be releasing on Xbox One as well on July 24th and be up to date with the PS4 and PC version.
Check out the update trailer below!